You can also call us to make an appointment: 281-546-0697

Dangers in the Home

Our pets can be quite the scavengers, can’t they? They love food and it seems that they especially love the things they shouldn’t have.  To keep your pet from picking up ‘treasures’ while on a walk or at home, it’s best to start early on with training on words they need to pay attention to. If your pet seems interested in trash on the road you may try ‘No’ or ‘Don’t touch’ or ‘Leave it.’ If they do manage to snatch it up use ‘Drop it’.  Of course this will take a few times but could save a possible vet bill. 

Everyone loves chips, right? You’re snacking on your Ruffles and Spot is right there hoping to score some.  When you’re done it’s important to close up the bag and put it away so Spot can’t get his head in the bag, scarf up the rest and possibly suffocate.  Few people think a snack bag could suffocate a dog or a cat until the unthinkable occurs. The dog or cat puts its head inside a bag of chips or another snack, and the bag tightens when the pet inhales. The pet can suffocate in under five minutes. We all know to cut the plastic rings that hold soda cans. Similarly, the best way to prevent any risks is to cut your snack bags open before you throw them away.

Halloween is fast approaching 


Be sure to put your candy in a safe and secure location where your pet can’t get to it.  If your dog can get onto counters, put the candy in a cupboard or refrigerator.  Remember….chocolate is toxic to dogs. While rarely fatal, chocolate ingestion can result in significant illness. Chocolate is toxic because it contains a chemical called theobromine, as well as caffeine. Dogs cannot metabolize theobromine and caffeine as well as people can. Symptoms as a result of chocolate consumption include nausea, vomiting, extreme diarrhea, lethargy, and dehydration. We know you all love your sweet pets as much as we, at Heather’s Mobile Pet Salon do so following simple safety steps suggested above can help keep your pups safe, healthy, and happy!